Saturday, October 6, 2007

Pumpkin-Stem Lid Before Felting


I am now working on a pumpkin (I better hurry this weekend and finish, as Halloween is not far away) ... and I just finished the stem last night. I'm hoping it will felt well. Ideally, what I'm trying to make is a felted pumpkin that can stand on its own without stuffing ... then you could fill it with candy, etc., and put the lid/stem back on!
So far, I am happy with my decreases for the top stem and I think I figured out how to get the stem part to look like it's slanted. Again, after felting I'll really know if I am right or not!
I'm hoping to felt a swatch of black and of green along with the pumpkin and I'll try to cut out a leaf and the facial features from these swatches.
We'll see what happens! Felting is always scary.

No comments: