Saturday, March 17, 2012

Using Embroidery to Decorate the Entrelec Easter Egg

I haven't had a lot of time to work on my projects, as I'm still in the middle of knitting my first-ever baby sweater for my nephew and his wife's soon-expected little one ... BUT I tried to hurry up and decorate one of the entrelac Easter eggs to show some of the simple stitches that can make these eggs as beautiful as Faberge eggs!
I used DMC perle cotton (number 5) in a chain stitch for the border; a bullion rose for the center; and two lazy-daisy stitches for the leaves. Easy peasy!
The eggs make great little canvases for testing out new stitches, too. Try a different stitch for every triangle's border ... or choose the diamond-shapes, instead, to outline. There are loads of great things you could put in the centers ... from crosses and doves ... to spring-time favorites like lady bugs and butterflies.

No comments: