Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yesterday's Snow!

Our backyard covered with frosting!

Maggie does not like cold feet!
Yesterday it snowed. I used to love the snow when I was little and I never could understand why my father would grumble at it all the time. (We lived in Virginia when I was a child and every year we got LOTS and lots of snow.)
Anyhow, now that I'm an adult ... and my children have things to do and jobs to work and that sort of thing ... and we can't simply grab our boots and sleds and come in all rosy-cheeked and freezing cold ... waiting for the hot chocolate to bubble and the popcorn to stop popping ... well, since we can't do that, I now fully understand my father's grumblings! It's cold! It's icy! It's inconvenient! But it is pretty, I will say that.
I was too impatient to drag out Maggie's boots, so her little feet were bare. No ice balls stuck to her legs this year, though. She didn't want to take the time to play!