Sunday, October 5, 2008

Unexpected Events ...

I feel like I've been away from my blog for a long time! I guess it's really not even been a month, but it feels like it. So many things have happened regarding my elderly parents. It's been very challenging, to say the least. I know there are many people out there facing similar situations. It's so strange as we age the life events that we share ... first, we notice we're suddenly attending lots of weddings! Then a year or so later, we find we're heading to yet another baby shower ... after that, we're in play groups and meeting other moms ... in fact, we're known as "Colette's Mom" or "Oh, you're Amelia's Mom!" and "You must be Kent's Mom!"

Suddenly, just when your children are moving into and out of high school, we find ourselves trying to help our elderly parents ... who are entering yet another phase of their own lives ... a phase they are not greeting with joy!

But, speaking of Joy ... I am working on a gingerbread man for Christmas and my first attempt is in my little felting machine right now. He's been in there for 45 minutes and still not felting to my liking. I think his arms may be too wide. We'll see.

I still have to post my ghost, raven and pumpkin man patterns. They are finished, I just haven't had time to write them up in Publisher yet. *sigh

I hope things will be back to normal soon, but I just don' t know. Why is it so hard to live just one day at a time???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because life gets in the way! Love ya!

Annemarie

Anonymous said...

You write very well.