Saturday, September 15, 2007

Funky Fur Bear Finished


I finally finished my first bear! It is knitted from Sirdar Pattern 1546. You can also find the pattern for sale at Sandy's Needle Nook. I am very happy that his "jointed" arms and legs do work. Funky Fur is great to work with, as it hides all seams and knots (and any mistakes, too)! The pattern called for size 3.00 mm needles (which would be a US size 2.5 ... not a size US 2, which would be 2.75 mm and not a size US 3, which is 3.25 mm), but I couldn't find any in time ... so I knitted this one in US size 5 (3.75 mm) needles. I am content with his face, although I think I made his nose a little too big. He kind of looks like Maggie, doesn't he??

1 comment:

Laura in NC said...

He is adorable!! And yes, he looks like Maggie. Keep up the good work, my friend!