Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Walkabout Dolls Are Going to Be PUBLISHED!

I am so excited to finally let it be known: My Walkabout dolls are going to be published by Leisure Arts in April, 2011. It's been hard to keep quiet about this project the last year and a half ... so I can finally breathe a wonderful sigh and let you know what I've been working on!!! You can even pre-order it from Amazon.com! Here is the link: Storybook Dolls to Knit
You can also read more about it here: Midpoint Trade Books
All of the walking dolls are knit with wool yarn on double-pointed needles and then ... yes! You guessed it! Felted in your washing machine! The felted dolls are perfect little canvases for embroidering great details and faces, etc.
The patterns include The Gingerbread Man; Hansel and Gretel and the Witch; The Three Little Pigs (and the Wolf, of course!); Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf; Mary and her Lamb; Humpty Dumpty; and Goldilocks and the Three Bears. They were so much fun to design and I hope you'll want to try them! And, as an extra bonus, there's an audio cd of the fairy tales and nursery rhymes included!

5 comments:

Beverly Wentz said...

Hooray for you! I'm proud of you.
Beverly

Amybel said...

Fantastic!!!! I am so excited for you :)

One pair of Hands said...

Clever you. What a great idea - they're really cute.
Congratulations on your success.

Ariel said...

That is so great!! Congratulations!!!!

knittingdragonflies said...

Yay!! How exciting! congratulations!!
Vicki