Sunday, October 19, 2008

Gingerbread Man is Running Away!


I haven't even finished getting all my Halloween patterns written up when I suddenly had an idea for a gingerbread man! I decided I'd go ahead and experiment. On my third try, I got just what I wanted! You need two sets of double-pointed needles to knit one ... no, you don't use all the needles at once, but it's easier if you let part of him rest on needles rather than on waste yarn.

If you use size US 8 double-pointed needles, your finished cookie will be about 5 inches tall by 4 inches wide (from arm to arm) ... if you use size US 10 1/2 double-pointed needles, your finished gingerbread man will be a bit bigger ... approximately 6 inches tall by 5 inches wide.

If you make one (or two or three) please let me know! The 8-page pattern is available at my store (The Pattern Box) and also on Ravelry. Stay tuned! I have visions of SUGAR PLUMS dancing in my head! Lollipops and other sweets. Wouldn't a garland be nice?


No comments: