Wednesday, April 11, 2007
New Tea Party Almost Finished
Here's the "new" teapot. I needle-felted the word 'tea' on one side. I used size 10 1/2" needles and one strand of Lopi throughout, using the pattern for the Fiesta Ware Pitcher. I didn't follow the design for Fiesta Ware, though, as it wouldn't show through the felting. I also made a tray (sort of!) using two strands of Lopi and size 15 needles, just casting on 30 and, after purling first two rows, just ss the whole way until the end, purl one row, then bind-off purlwise. With one strand of Lopi, I picked up stitches along one side, and purled a row, then bound-off purlwise, then repeated this on the other side. That gave me a nice little rim.