Monday, June 15, 2009

My First Jar!

I changed the date and anniversary line to three lines, instead. Also, I couldn't decide if I should put their marriage date or the current anniversary, so I finally put the current anniversary date ... that's the date of the jar, as well!
Another close up of the final jar ... here are some photos before I changed the anniversary.

Here's a full view of the Happy Anniversary Jar for my sister and her husband. The jar magnifies everything inside. I think I would have liked it better if it didn't!

Here's a close up of their faces. I won an auction for some old 1970s paper dolls and then found a photograph of the two of them and printed their faces out on watercolor paper. After cutting them out as best I could with an Exacto, I used some spray adhesive to put the faces on the paper dolls!
I filled the bottom with wool roving finger combed with flash ... and lots of mica!

I painted some watercolor paper with yellow and orange and let it dry, then I used a calligraphy pen and drew the moon face. You can't see it very well, but I put mica on the moon, too! I made a couple of impromptu stars and put a lot of glass glitter on them. I hung all these from the inside top of the jar.





I cut out the Bridal Chorus and used the music as the backdrop.




I added a lot of glass glitter to the paper doll's gown and glued on some paper flowers for my sister's bouquet and tied them with a little ribbon. I used a small paper flower for her husband's boutonniere. I also used a bit of netting and a little crepe paper for her veil. I know it's a little odd, so I hope they like it! I have been getting lots of ideas for jars ... like Happy Birthday jars and that sort of thing. I think I learned a lot about spray adhesive and being patient!!! The back is not as clean as I'd like ... the glue smeared a bit ... but it'll have to do. I do wonder what they'll think of it! Now onto package it up and take it to UPS. I hope it doesn't break!


3 comments:

Amybel said...

I've never seen anything like this before. It is so unique and personalized! The happy couple should love it. Not only for being kind of funny (at least I think so) but especially since it shows the time and effort put into it! Nice work :)

Nean the Bean said...

Thanks for your kind comment, Amybel! It is supposed to be funny ... I thought the '70s paper dolls were a perfect fit! I admit, it's a little strange. My eldest daughter thinks it's "creepy," but my husband says it's "cute." Hmmmm. I tracked it and it was delivered today, but I haven't heard from the happy couple. Gulp. Maybe they think it's creepy, too!!! Uh-oh! It's not supposed to be creepy!!!!

Grandpa and Abi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.