Thursday, March 19, 2009

My New Paperdoll Acquisition: The Creepy Family!

Here is my latest Paper Doll Family. I haven't decided what to name them yet. They are really big compared to my other paper dolls ... and quite old. I'm not sure of their age, but Dad here has a bit of mold growing on his head. I think this is really rather odd, but adds to the overall creepiness of this group. The child is quite big.
I dressed Dad in one of his outfits. Notice how he holds a cigarette! The nanny is watching him closely. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable leaving my child with her! She looks rather secretive. I just know she's hiding something! Or maybe she knows something!

Here is a close up look at her eyes. What do you think?
I haven't decided just yet what I'm going to do with all these dolls. I originally started collecting them for two projects I'm working on. Yes, I'm working on knitting "paper" dolls that would really be unstuffed and flat, yet two sided. They would have changeable clothing that ... and now, remember, this is all still in the very early developmental stages ... perhaps close with velcro. Remember the Betty Campbell Round About paper dolls? Anyhow, the paper doll is one project and the other is a special anniversary present for my dear, darling big sister. SHHHH! It's a secret that I can't spoil, but I can divulge that it involves old books and paper dolls!

1 comment:

Grandpa and Abi said...

Love your comments about the creepy family.