Friday, January 9, 2009

Think Spring! Crepe-Paper Covered Nut Cups!

This is my first attempt at covering a little paper nut cup with crepe paper. I think it came out pretty well, save for the not-nearly-twisted-enough paper handle. I actually ordered a book from Amazon.com that supposedly gave instructions, but I'm afraid the descriptions did not include the pleated covering I had envisioned. So, I tried several different things and finally came up with this one. It needs work, but I think I'm on the right track!
There are so many holidays and occasions when a covered nut cup would add so much to the overall festive look of the table! I found my crepe paper folds at AC Moore and Hobby Lobby.
Once I perfect it, I'll post a photo tutorial so everybody can make them! Doesn't the pink paper make you feel like spring? *sigh UPDATE! I figured out how to do it!!! Directions are on my blog for March 2.

No comments: