Friday, June 6, 2008

Business License!

I guess I can say it's official! Kent and I went uptown on Wednesday and I registered The Pattern Box with the Registrar of Deeds! It was quite interesting, really ... and everybody was so helpful. It's a little old-fashioned, the way you manually search through books to see if anyone has already chosen the name you want ... the books are pre-computer days. You also conduct a computer search, too ... but that's for the more recent entries. Fortunately for me, nobody had chosen my name. After the searching was finished, the form filled out and notarized and then filed with the $14 fee, we went on to find out about obtaining a business license ... when I was handed the license, the clerk told me about the need to re-zone my home if I were going to be setting up a business there. YIKES! I always knew there were lots of complications to doing this ... just didn't know there would be so many fees!
Anyhow, I did that, too. So now all I have to do is file with the state's income tax people ... as I don't have any employees, I don't need a federal tax identification number.
Glad all that is finished! I'm closer and closer to getting The Pattern Box going!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Congratulations! Good for you!