Sunday, May 27, 2007

Booties Finally Finished!


One of our neighbors just had a little baby girl ... and I was trying to think of something I could knit very fast! A fellow knitlist friend suggested a great pattern for no-fall-off booties, but after I started, I realized it was going to take me too long with the small DPNs.

I found a pattern on eBay that used size 6 straight needles. These knit up so quickly! I just took these booties out of the dryer! (After a wash in Woolite, they still look great!)

After knitting one almost flawlessly, I started the other and made a myriad of mistakes! UGH! Had to take it out down to the eyelash yarn. I really don't like ribbing at all! If anyone talks to me, I forget whether I was purling or knitting and then have to recount all the stitches to find out.

Other than the ribbing mistakes, these booties were so quick to knit up! I'm really pleased with how they turned out! You simply turn down the cuff.
Well, I hope my neighbor likes them!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love the booties! Fun fur is so cute for little ones.