Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Little Bits of This and That

Well, this is our testing week of our third quarter! Yippee! How exciting! After this week, we're onto our fourth and final quarter for the 2006-2007 school year. What a great feeling. Spring and warmer weather ... flowers ... and the end to the school year as we know it!
Meanwhile, Maggie has been diagnosed with an auto-immune disease. Because of all her stomach-sensitivity issues, she also has to take several pills before the real pill to "coat her belly," as the vet explained. (EW! I've always hated the words "belly" and "tummy." It used to make my skin crawl when a teacher would ask a fellow student, "Do you have a tummy ache?" AACCKKK How creepy!) All in all, the kids have agreed it's all too complicated for them and there's no way they are having a pet of any kind when they're on their own. That's kind of a sad realization, but I guess after seeing all the care that goes into Maggie, it does tend to make one think.
On another note, I've started to collect toy patterns to knit. I have so much to say on this subject, I'll have to save it for another post!

No comments: